What is Wayfinding?
A wayfinding system is used to help citizens and visitors better navigate a physical space like a trail, park, or city. Ontario's wayfinding system will use updated branding to introduce visitors to the "Gateway to Adventure".
The Project So Far
- The City, working together with Four Rivers Cultural Center, received a $20,000 grant for a wayfinding project in September 2019.
- After a bidding process, the City chose to work with Trademark on the wayfinding and branding project.
- In March 2020, Trademark presented three branding options to City Council. Council then let citizens decide which direction to go.
- In June 2020, Trademark returned with three style options for the wayfinding signs. Council again gave the choice to citizens.
- The Budget Committee has set aside $60,000 in FY 2020-2021 for the manufacturing of the wayfinding signs. The City is also pursuing additional grant funding for the manufacturing stage.